About the Project
SAVE THE GIRL CHILD
- To raise awareness about unequal sex ratio, illiteracy among women and female foeticide in INDIA.
How did we do it
- Conducted self-defense training programs, cultural programmes in which women and girls participate in large numbers. Through its efforts, the campaign spreads awareness about gender equality.
- MedscapeIndia Awards highlights ‘Save the Girl Child Campaign’ every year to involve noteworthy personalities in the project which would create a greater impact and change the lives of the girl child.
- MedscapeIndia has worked at the grass root level for this project to help girls in the remotest areas of India with healthcare, education and a brighter future.
- The campaign was appreciated by legendary actor Mr. Amitabh Bachchan, Nobel Peace Prize Winner Mr. Kailash Satyarthi, Minister of Women and Child Development Krishna Tirath, Maharastra Women commission chairperson Suziben and Honourable President Mr. Pranab Mukherjee.